January 21, 2021 Letter
Dear Residents, Employees, Family Members, Legal Representatives and Health Care Providers:
As of today, all of our skilled nursing facilities have conducted their first on-site vaccination clinics for the COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccination clinics for our assisted living facilities will be completed on the following dates:
- Riverbend Assisted Living, Amery, WI on January 27th
- Pine View Terrace, Black River Falls, WI on February 4th
- The Seasons, Plum City, WI (yet to be determined)
We are hopeful we will eventually achieve a 100% vaccination rate amongst our residents, tenants and employees. We will continue to educate everyone on the benefits of receiving the vaccine series. If you are a resident, tenant, resident representative or employee and you have any concerns about receiving the vaccine, please contact your primary physician, ask to speak to the director of nursing or administrator at the nursing home, or send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would be more than happy to help answer your questions.
Many family members are inquiring about visiting a resident that has received the initial vaccination. Until enough people are vaccinated, we will continue to abide by the following:
- If the facility is in outbreak status, visitation may resume if they reach 14 days without a new case in a resident or employee.
- If the facility is in a “red” county, only compassionate care or end-of-life visits are allowed.
- If the facility is not in outbreak status, and the county is “yellow” or “green”, we are proceeding with setting up indoor visitation appointments.
- Regardless of outbreak status and county positivity rate, we are committed to working with residents and their families to conduct needed compassionate care or end-of-life visits. If you would like to inquire about setting up this type of visit, please contact the nursing home administrator.
Finally, we have received some comments from community members about our decision to not post details about a facility outbreak on our website or on Facebook posts. We are required to make timely and appropriate notifications to our residents, tenants, employees and the legal resident representatives, as well as to the required government agencies.
It’s been a very long and difficult ten months for everyone. I want to personally thank the many family members for sending emails and letters acknowledging our amazing employees. I have personally read a few messages to named employees and have heard them break into tears. You have no idea the effect you have had on their spirit! Thank you.
Dr. Shellie M. Sonnentag, DNP, AGPCNP-C, CD
Vice President of Clinical Services
Real Property Health Facilities Corp.
435 Village Walk Lane Suite B
Johnson Creek, WI 53038